Thursday 22 September 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies with Spiced Chocolate Glaze

At my local Waitrose (where I only go when I need an ingredient Asda won't stock) I spotted some Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking flour.  I've tried previous gluten free flours without much success so I decided to give this one a whirl.  Plus it's rare you get American brands in the UK without having to order online.

I've never been much of a baker, but I love eating baked goods.

Especially brownies.

And these are no exception.  But the best part about it is I made them myself.

And they tasted good....for a change.



Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies with Spiced Chocolate Glaze

adapted from Noelle @ Singers Kitchen

Makes approx. 12 servings

1 cup (~125g) GF flour (I used Bob's Red Mill GF All Purpose)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
3 tbsp nut butter of choice (I used almond)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
100ml maple syrup
1 tbsp light tasting oil (I used coconut)
60g chocolate chips
60g dark chocolate squares

Preheat oven to 180degrees and lightly grease a sandwich tin.
Melt chocolate, nut butter and (if using) coconut oil either in a microwave or in a bowl over hot water.
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.  Then, add in all remaining ingredients (except for chocolate chips) and mix well.
Fold in chocolate chips then pour mixture into tin and bake in the oven for 30 mins

Spiced Chocolate Glaze

65g icing sugar
20g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp water

Mix together well until glaze coats the back of a spoon.

Drizzle generously over brownies and indulge.





I can't wait for my second third helping.

3 comments:

  1. Yum they look amazing- love the idea of the pumpkin and chocolate- autumn is certainly here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria, they taste like Autumn too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing - especially with that delicious looking glaze over the top! x

    ReplyDelete