Monday 19 September 2011

Ooh La La...Paris!

Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to travel to Paris for a long weekend.  It was a magical weekend & I was lucky to share the trip with a friend.

I stayed at the Hotel Waldorf Arc de Triomphe and it was in such a great location, literally a two minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe itself.


It was a windy day.

After getting a little lost on the second day through the streets; we came across a fabulous food market selling everything from pastries to vegetables to fish.  My favourite picture of the day...



It was gorgeous to walk along the River Seine and as we neared the Eiffel Tower, I was blown away.  I literally stood in this position for ten minutes...



Paris truly is a mesmerising place and I feel so fortunate to have spent time there - not as long as I'd hoped but long enough to take in some of the magic and charisma that keeps people going back.  And I too plan to go back there; but I wont be going back for a 50euro cocktail....



They say Paris is the city of love - and it is, I fell in love too.




No comments:

Post a Comment